OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Eric Tilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Tilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Dec 2011 08:41:22 -0500
My wife woke me just now to see a flock of several thousand of what I believe are blackbirds and grackles (they vary widely in size- but I definitely heard a lot of the metallic grackle sound) that took over the trees around our house in Wadsworth. I didn't get close enough to ID definitively with my camera- but I did get a blurry pic of one with a white head which is a first for me. I've never even seen a flock of starlings that large.

Sent from my iPod