OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Irene Krise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Irene Krise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2011 19:02:34 -0500
It was good to get out after a long day at work. On my way out to the
reservior I noticed thousands of gulls in the cornfield on Jones Road
between Hawley Road and the RR tracks.  The reservoir hosted about three
hundred Canada Geese and after scoping through the flock for GWFG I did
find that the 1 Cackling Goose still remains. 4 Tundra Swans were present
as well as the usual Ruddys, Grebes, L. Scaup, Canvasback and 1
Kingfisher.  I was trying to scope through the gulls that were huddled on
the water and some went into flight.  While I was checking the gulls in
flight I noticed in the distance behind them a mass movement of gulls
(probably about 8 thousand or more)slowly moving inland as well as more
Canada Geese, Mallards, and another flock of ducks that were too distant
for me to positively identify.

Irene