OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Andrew Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2011 17:30:12 -0500
An interesting idea, but one has to ask: won't the use of a single hotspot obscure real data about the local movements of a bird? Each of Paul's examples holds great data about where birds are seen. For the black-tailed gull, I would think all of those locations are legitimate sightings, and demonstrate where the gull is seen and where to look.

It seems to me that eBird wants greater detail in it's sightings, not less.

Andy Sewell
Columbus, OH

Sent from my iPod