OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Marilyn E Rohr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marilyn E Rohr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2011 09:40:00 -0500
Although this is not in OH, we easily viewed the GGO this morning outside
of Kingsville, Ontario. It took only 4.5 hrs to drive up from Chardon and
would be an hour less from Cleveland's west side. The bird is on Road 2
West between Arner Townline and McCain Sideroad. Easily found on a Google
map north of Kingsville. Just take Rt 3 south out of Windsor, which is
straight off the Ambassador Bridge (don't forget your passport). Arner
Townline is on the right as you pass Essex (there is a furniture store on
the corner). There is a crowd viewing the bird nearly all the time so
spotting is no problem. Bird is magnificent...there are also 2 snowy owls
in the onion fields just outside of the gates of Pt Pelee National Park.

Marilyn Rohr
Chardon