OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Scott Hannan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2011 21:40:34 -0500
I will be THRILLED when eBird has an application in the iPhone/Droid market
 --- I think once that happens, their checklist counts will  skyrocket.

I have an app (Bird Watcher's Diary) that gets very close to that, but not
easy to submit the sightings you log (not for me, at least).

All in time, I think.

Until then, eBird for desktop is a fantastic way to log and manage your own
 lists, if you're a lister like many of us.

Also of note, Ohio is ranked FOURTH in the country in lists submitted ---
only behind the obvious birding giants, CA, TX, and NY (and yes, we totally
OWN  Michigan, hehe).  Not sure why the success, but I am glad we are using
this  wonderful service.  As a combined group, we've documented 328 species
for  2011.

Scott Hannan
Wooster

In a message dated 12/31/2011 7:10:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,