OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
"McCormac, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McCormac, Jim
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2011 16:44:19 -0500
Hi all,

After a few phone calls, I tracked down the guy who found the bird,
Logan Welker. The owl was found today at 11:30 am, and was seen along
the Paulding-Defiance county line, on County Line Road. It was just a
short distance east of the Indiana state line. Logan saw it fly across
the county line road, where it then perched in the large barren corn
stubble field on the south side of the road, which is in Paulding
County.

To further clarify, the owl was in the block of land bordered by Indiana
on the west, County Line Road (Paulding-Defiance county line) on the
north, Road 15 on the east, and County Road 230 on the south.

Hopefully the Dunakins and others can relocate the bird. Please let us
know if you do.

Jim

Jim McCormac

Ohio Division of Wildlife