OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Kathy Mc <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 20:35:29 -0500
Hi Everyone,This afternoon we went thru Bedford Reservation to see how fast  Tinker's creek was running from all the rain.When we went it was still raining quite a bit. Creek was high and wide and really rolling.We also parked for awhile by the pond or what they starting to make a marshy area.Nothing was moving around then all of a sudden 14 turkeys came along about 1:00.They were scratching among the leaves and eating off some tall dead plants.Even though it was pouring I did manage to take some pictures. They stayed around there for at least 20 minutes.Yucky day to be out but was nice to sit there and watch them.           Kathy McKibben             Bedford