OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:23:28 -0500
I too photographed this bird. It was not much larger than the ring billed
gulls it was swimming with, for whatever that is worth. Plus it did not
look like a snow goose in the field.

On another note, the gull identified as the black tailed gull on the roof
of one of the blue industrial buildings (Sunday afternoon - aka goose day)
had it's ID  "changed" to a lesser black backed gull after someone looked
at a digiscoped photo ~ an hour after the original sighting. Have not seen
any mention of less black backed.

Renee Tressler