OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 20:26:03 -0500
Several people asked me to share what I learned about field guides
specifically for shorebirds and gulls.  Many responded (Thank you all again)
and the same titles kept reappearing.  Here they are along with pricing
through Amazon (not a commercial message - just FYI).

The Shorebird Guide [Turtleback]

Michael O'Brien
<http://www.amazon.com/Michael-OBrien/e/B001JSHIO8/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1>
Michael O'Brien (Author)

<http://www.amazon.com/Michael-OBrien/e/B001JSHIO8/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
>  Amazon's Michael O'Brien Page

Find all the books, read about the author, and more.

See search
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_pop_1?_encoding=UTF8&sort=releva
ncerank&search-alias=books&field-author=Michael%20O%27Brien>  results for
this author

Are you an author? Learn
<http://authorcentral.amazon.com/gp/landing/ref=ntt_atc_dp_pel_1>  about
Author Central

(Author), Richard
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_2?_encoding=UTF8&sort=relevancer
ank&search-alias=books&ie=UTF8&field-author=Richard%20Crossley>  Crossley
(Author), Kevin
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_3?_encoding=UTF8&sort=relevancer
ank&search-alias=books&ie=UTF8&field-author=Kevin%20Karlson>  Karlson
(Author)  $16.47 through Amazon.

Shorebirds: An Identification Guide to the Waders of the World [Paperback]

John
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&sort=relevancer
ank&search-alias=books&ie=UTF8&field-author=John%20Marchant>  Marchant
(Author), Tony
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_2?_encoding=UTF8&sort=relevancer
ank&search-alias=books&ie=UTF8&field-author=Tony%20Prater>  Prater (Author),
Peter Hayman
<http://www.amazon.com/Peter-Hayman/e/B000APNQSI/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_3>
$29.95 new.  $19.95 used through Amazon

Peter Hayman (Author)

> Visit
<http://www.amazon.com/Peter-Hayman/e/B000APNQSI/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_3>
Amazon's Peter Hayman Page

Find all the books, read about the author, and more.

See search
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_pop_3?_encoding=UTF8&sort=releva
ncerank&search-alias=books&field-author=Peter%20Hayman>  results for this
author

Are you an author? Learn
<http://authorcentral.amazon.com/gp/landing/ref=ntt_atc_dp_pel_3>  about
Author Central

Gulls: Of North America, Europe, and Asia
Klaus Malling Olsen & Hans Larsson  $62.75 new paperback Amazon.

Peterson Reference Guides: Gulls of the Americas By Steve
<http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/hmh/site/hmhbooks/authordetails?authorN
ame=Steve%20N.G.%20Howell>  N.G. Howell, Jon
<http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/hmh/site/hmhbooks/authordetails?authorN
ame=Jon%20Dunn>  Dunn  $23.10 new hardcover Amazon

Peregrine Video ProductionsR Presents:
The Advanced Birding Video SeriesR
with Jon L. Dunn:
The Large Gulls of North America  $34.95

http://jvanderpoel.qwestoffice.net/largeGulls.html

Peregrine Video Productions Presents:
The Advanced Birding Video SeriesR
with Jon L. Dunn: