OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
"Susan K. Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2011 00:43:06 +0000
Scott and all:

I would have loved to investigate that scene.

A similar scene that our bander discovered while up in a GHOW nest, banding the owlets:  He found a whole male cardinal, half of a mallard and half of a Red-shouldered Hawk. And the hawk was wearing a band that this particular bander had placed on it a few years before, on the far side of Cincinnati from where it was found. (This RSHA had been rehabbed and released by us)

Long story short, GHOW will try to eat (and fight) just about ANYTHING.

Susan

Susan K. Williams, Director of Education  RAPTOR, Inc.