OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
Allen Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2012 13:25:01 -0500
Tom,

It sounds more like a redpoll than a goose! But that is definitely the
sound of ice, not the birds. I hear that all the time up here on the Great
Lakes. It may have to do with differential expansion and contraction of
different portions of the ice, or possibly influenced by water currents
under the ice.

--
Allen T. Chartier
Inkster, Michigan