OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
Sherrie Duris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sherrie Duris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2012 20:05:57 -0500
Birders-

An FYI for anyone who is working on their Ohio January list, I had a
Dickcissel at Pearson Metropark off Rt.2 in Oregon this afternoon.  This
bird was first discovered by John Szanto during the Toledo CBC two weeks
ago. It was mixed in with a flock of House Sparrows that are frequenting the
feeders.

Greg Links had a Palm Warbler on the Grand Rapids/Waterville CBC on Friday
at the Swanton Cemetery north of Oak Openings Metropark.

A Long-tailed Duck was seen during the Grand Rapids/Waterville CBC in a
large borrow pit on the NW side of where the new Rt. 24 bypass crosses
Waterviille-Monclova Rd.

A Merlin has been hanging out at Forest Cemetery in Toledo near I280 &amp;
Greenbelt Pkwy. since the Toledo CBC.

Tom Kemp reports a single Eurasian Collared Dove in Wood County sitting at
the edge of a woodlot along Mermill Rd about a half mile west of Rudolph
this morning on Jan 1st.

Another Snowy Owl has been reported in Hancock County. See www.rarebird.org
for details.

Greg Links reports thousands of gulls at the Ottawa River Corridor in North
Toledo from Lake Erie/Point Place inland to the Hoffman Road Landfill and
Tom Kemp has had up to six species of gulls at the Wood County Landfill in
Bowling Green.

Good Birding & Happy New Year!

Sherrie Duris
Vice President/Field Trip Coordinator