OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
richard banish <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
richard banish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:14:30 -0500
Snowy Day in Gates Mills, OH (right where Cuyahoga, Lake and Geauga Counties meet)
Richard Buster Banish
Started this morning as I put out seed @ 7:00
Between 7:00 and 7:40 I observed the following species on my 2 ½ acre lot. Lot is mostly 30-40 year old hickory trees with maples, oaks, beech, sycamores and a few evergreens. I feed the birds that come to my patio hulled sunflower seeds from a tube feeder and sprinkle some around, under patio furniture. I also have a njger thistle tube feeder, a suet feeder and a large hopper feeder (these are on the edge of my wooded area.

A Goldfinch – 16                                                                     Other critters
DE Junco – 14                                                                            black squirrel - 6
T Titmouse – 4                                                                           gray squirrel - 8
BC Chickadee – 6                                                                       fox squirrel - 5
N Cardinal – 13                                                                           red squirrel - 2
WB Nuthatch – 4                                                                        WT Deer - 9
Downy WP – 4
Hairy WP – 2
Blue Jay – 5
Mourning Dove – 4
Noon check   (and peek ‘til 2:30) -      only posting new species or if higher numbers
Pileated WP – 2                                                        Numbers up for
Crow – 5                                                                     A Goldfinch - 22
House Finch – 3                                                        BC Chichadee - 11
RB Woodpecker – 1
RS Hawk – (heard when I got garbage cans in)
C Hawk – 1 (found in ambush position around corner of house)
RT Hawk – 1
17 species of birds
Cheers,
buster