OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
Allen Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:03:04 -0500
Nancy,

Thanks for this update. I emailed the Austintown homeowners a couple days
ago asking for an update but I haven't heard back from them. I will not
give their names as this posting is public.

From information I've recently obtained, this is the only Rufous
Hummingbird remaining in Ohio. The bird in Mansfield was last seen the
morning of the 14th, and the Medina bird was last seen around 1 p.m. on the
12th.

I'm sure that the Austintown bird will depart soon too, most likely on the
next warm spell.

--
Allen T. Chartier
Inkster, Michigan