OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
Gracie Irene Mccomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:31:35 -0500
 MY FRIEND DON TUMBLIN AND I WENT TO THE LANDFILL TO LOOK FOR THE GLAUCOUS GULL. NO LUCK, BUT WE DID SEE HUNDREDS OF RING-BILL GULLS MIXED WITH HERRING GULL.

 THERE WAS A BALD EAGLE IN THE AREA READY FOR LUNCH.  HE WAS IN PURSUIT OF A GULL WHILE BEHIND THE EAGLE WAS A CROW IN PURSUIT OF THE EAGLE. EAGLE WAS LOSING GROUND ON THE GULL, THE CROW WAS CATCHING UP WITH THE EAGLE, THE EAGLE DECIDED TO EAT LATER AND ALL WERE SAFE FOR NOW. THAT WAS AS GOOD AS SEEING A LIFE BIRD FOR ME.

ON TO GREENLAWN CEMETERY WHERE WE FOUND THE USUAL BIRDS AT THE PIT WITH THE FEEDERS. A HAIRY WOODPECKER IS ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE. THE MERLIN WAS IN HIS FAVORITE PERCHING TREE.

ON TO WATERMARK ON DUBLIN RD. IT WAS GREAT FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR.
4 MUTE SWAN
12 CANADAS
4 MALLARD
4 RINGBILL GULL
2 MALE REDHEAD DUCK
4 LESSER SCAUP
3 BUFFLEHEAD
50 COOTS.

1357 DUBLIN ROAD WAS A PLACE TO VIEW THE RIVER. WE SAW
20 RINGNECKS
HOODED MERGS.
REDHEADS
GOLDEN EYE