OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
Kyle Carlsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Carlsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 10:05:57 -0500
Spring semester is in high gear, leaving me little time to bird, but
I've had several good birds this week just by stopping and checking
some local spots before and after classes.

Nice mix of waterfowl along the Ohio River in Belpre, Ohio the past 3 days:

Canvasback
Redhead
Ring-necked Duck
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Common Merganser
Ruddy Duck
American Coot
and lots of Mallards, Canada Geese, and Ring-billed Gulls

This morning I had a flock of 300+ Red-winged and Rusty Blackbirds in
a field along 618 which cuts right through Belpre.

Get out and go birding!

Kyle Carlsen
Vincent, OH