OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
Andrew Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:47:59 -0500
I'm late chiming in, perhaps because I thought someone would have suggested
it, but a very simple way to find hotspots using eBird is to start a
checklist submission, select "Find it on a map", select the county and
state, and then eBird shows you all the eBird hotspots in that county. You
can then zoom in and see where they are located in relation to roads and
highways. You should also be able to directly enter latitude and longitude
right into Google maps, using this format (37.771008, -122.41175).

Good birding,
Andy Sewell
Columbus, Ohio