OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
Scott Pendleton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Pendleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:46:03 -0500
The longest running CBC circle in the nation (Central Park gets all the
glory but it has been covered by different circles), Cadiz, completed its
111th count on a miserable rainy December 31.
We had two milestones- Most important is my friend, Tom Ford, completed
his 60 consecutive CBC. Passing the state record of his wife, Mary, who
passed away this year with 59 consecutive counts.
Secondly, we set a record 72 species (79 including CW), adding three new
ones to our list: Cackling Goose, Wood Duck and Cormorants. Other
highlights were 23 record high numbers, 2 Hermit Thrush, Grouse, Phoebe,
Savannah Sparrows, Snipe, 9 Harriers and 10 SE Owls. We also found 13
species that have been found on less than five counts.
We managed to at least touch 85% of our circle with 16 participants.
Scott Pendleton