OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
Kim Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 12:51:29 -0500
Thanks for asking about the Ohio Winter Bird Atlas, Mike.  We are very close
to a finished manuscript and we're working with our partners at the Ohio
Division of Wildlife, Cleveland Museum of Natural History, and Ohio
Biological Survey, to publish the Atlas in book form.  It will be available
from a variety of sources.

For those who aren't familiar with the project, this is the first winter
bird atlas ever conducted in the country, a ground-breaking effort that
would not have been possible without hundreds of volunteer observers.  We
opted for a multi-author approach to tap into the wonderful writing skills
that exist in this state, and dozens of volunteers wrote the 180+ species
accounts as well.

Thanks again for asking, and for helping with the project. We'll keep you
posted as we move closer to the actual publication date!

Kimberly Kaufman
Executive Director
Black Swamp Bird Observatory
13551 West State Route 2
Oak Harbor, Ohio 43449
419-898-4070

www.bsbobird.org
www.ohioyoungbirders.org
www.biggestweekinamericanbirding.com
www.birdingwithkennandkim.blogspot.com

Become a fan of BSBO and Ohio Young Birders Club on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/BSBOBIRD
www.facebook.com/OHIOYOUNGBIRDERS

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BSBOBIRD