OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2012

From:
Heather A <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heather A <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:01:59 -0500
Hello all!  Just a reminder that the Great Backyard Bird Count starts
tomorrow and runs through Monday.  This 4-day counting event, which is a
joint project of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, the National Audubon
Society, and Bird Studies Canada is free, fun, easy, and open to birders of
all skill levels.  For complete details and information on how to
participate, go to www.birdcount.org.  Those of you who do e-Bird and/or
Project FeederWatch can also submit your counts to the GBBC from Feb 17-21,
provided that you spend at least 15 minutes counting in a given area.

For anyone out there in or around the Athens area, we will be having a bird
walk at Sells Park in Athens on Saturday, Feb. 18th, and we will count birds
together for the GBBC.  We will meet at the parking lot at 9:00 a.m and walk
until noon or so.  Directions to the park can be found here:
http://www.athensohio.com/whattodo/parks-national-forests/sells-park

Feel free to come join us if you are in the area!

Good birding,
Heather Aubke
Albany (Athens County), OH