OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2012

From:
Don Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:38:00 -0500
Chris,
    The juvenile golden eagle has very pronounced black and  white tail
feathers with the black toward the tip and the white toward the  rump. The
under wing coloration has a triangle shape in the middle of each  wing with
other white splotches. The top of the wings are brown.Your  description
defiantly sounds like a juvenile golden. Lucky you.
Don Stover

In a message dated 2/19/2012 4:49:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,