OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2012

From:
Tom and Karen Beachy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom and Karen Beachy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:11:47 -0800
In response to your Black-tailed Gull question.  After saying no to chasing the Black-tailed Gull for all this time, I finally went yesterday, 2 Feb.  It was a beautiful day considering it was 2 Feb and it took me from 9am to 230pm until I found it.  I had all day, and considering a 4 hour drive to get there, I planned to stay until dark if necessary.  It was on the roof of the building closest to the gazebo at Lake Shore Park.  The bird kept going behind a ventilator on the roof.  Had great looks at the bird beside Herring and Ring-billed gulls (comparing back color and size) on the roof and of the tail as it flew in front of the piles of stone and coal.

Hope you get to see the bird.
Tom Beachy, Urbana, OH