OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2012

From:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2012 19:02:20 -0500
Thank you to everyone keeping track of this bird today as it traveled around
Pickerington Ponds (unless there is more than one!).  Those of us lucky
enough to go to the Glacier Knoll area after 4:30 had plenty of opportunity
to see it as it perched in the gray trees just below the tree line.  At one
point there was even a Northern Mockingbird in the same low tree line at the
same time, for a chance to compare.

It was also especially nice to see 8 Sandhill Cranes walking around in the
pond at sunset as the GBHerons flew over to their roosts across the road.
Stopped across the street for a quick look at the Wood Duck area and had a
close view of 8 Hooded Mergansers. Add a few Tree Sparrows sitting up in
little trees in the sun...it all added up to great end to the day.

Again, thanks Jason, Bruce, Dave, and Paul.
Hope it stays around for all to see.

~Leslie Sours