OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2012

From:
H Thomas Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
H Thomas Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2012 20:43:11 -0500
The mother of a former student called to ask me what kind of birds she had
in her yard.  Since it was only about 1/4 mile from my house I went over
and photographed 8+ White-winged Crossbills.  She said there were more
before I got there.  I would be checking any hemlock trees in your
neighborhood as the birds seem to be on the move south.  The trees they
were feeding in were not very tall, less than 15 feet but full of cones.

Tom

--
H. Thomas Bartlett
Tiffin, Ohio