OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2012

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:02:36 -0500
The weather is morning was pretty bad.  It was difficult to see anything on
the lake and what gulls were passing by were high.  Most of the gulls
appeared to be ring-billed and were heading to the east.  Around 9:00 the
movement east ceased and there was a new movement of gulls to the west with
a high percentage of herring gulls and larger gulls.  Unfortunately the snow
made it difficult to identify most and when it wasn't snowing they were
passing by at a very quick pace.  I was able to identify at least 4
glaucous, 1 Thayer's, and 2 lesser black-backed gulls.  From the very low
percentage of identifiable birds, I am guessing quite a few white-winged
gulls passed by.  Areas like Lorain may be worth checking tomorrow.

John Pogacnik
4765 Lockwood Road
Perry, OH 44081
(440) 259-2751