OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
Ann Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:47:31 -0400
GREAT HORNED OWL BANDING today at 5pm in Ohio: Wonderful PHOTOGRAPHY OPPORTUNITY! Two
fuzzy owlet heads are visible peaking over the nest bucket at Rapid Run Park in Cincinnati. Anyone in
the vicinity of Cincinnati's westside, or who can get to Rapid Run Park (located on Rapid Run Road
between Queen City Blvd and Glenway Avenue just about 5 minutes west of I-75 off the Harrison
Avenue viaduct exit) by 5-6 pm, will get a chance to see JEFF HAYS from RAPTOR, Inc climb the nest
tree. He usually has the owlets on the ground for a few minutes so folks can snap a photo or two... or
two-hundred. FREE!

Sorry for the short notice! Directions: from I-75 take the Harrison Avenue exit (known as the Harrison
Avenue 'viaduct'). On the west side of the viaduct, merge onto QUEEN CITY (by the McDonalds). Follow
Queen City for several blocks through several lights. Turn left at Rapid Run and head up the hill. The
park is on your right. The nest tree is to the left of the WPA stone shelter.

Ann Oliver, Executive Secretary Ohio Ornithological Society

513-307-0929