OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
richard banish <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
richard banish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:05:31 -0400
Cleveland birder in Columbus for Fri and Satmorning birding!today i took some Cbus birders' advice and checkedout the north end of Hoover as well.@ Dustin Rd i sawnothing out of the ordinary except some domestic geese @ Weise Rd up to the bridge i saw3 Bald Eagles - (1 mature) perched in 1 tree having quite a conversation (cool)2 Yellow-rumped Warblers
6+ E Phoebes5+ Tree Swallowsand a lot of the usual suspects then to Blendon Woods @/on way to Waterfowl Areainteresting birds included10+ Wood Ducks5+ Turkeys2 Coots2 N Shovelers10+ tree Swallows walk on Sugarbush Trail (very muddy) interesting included1 female Yellow-rumped Warbler10+ Field Sparrows6+ E Towhees3+ Phoebes1 Brown Creeper(naturalist told me of 4 Black-throated Blues spottedand photoed yesterday!!!!) i must admit that although i have been to Cbus over 100times in my life and have been a birder for 20+, i have never reallystopped and paid attention to the differences between "my" Black-capped Chickadees and "their" Carolina Chickadees - thank god for a little singing differences - enjoyed trying to findcontrasts i enjoyed my 614 birding!!timberdoodling tomorrow @ Holden?? buster