OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
Aaron Milenski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Milenski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:29:47 -0400
Today I was able to ID a bird I'm guessing I'd seen many times before
but never was able to confirm because until now I'd never heard one
sing: an Alder Flycatcher.

I was surprised and pleased to see and hear this life bird, but when I
went back to post on ebird, I was shocked to discover proof of how
absolutely topsy turvy this Spring is due to the warm weather.  There
are no previous ebird reports for it in any March anywhere in the
United States, and no listings of it in Ohio even in April.
Incredible.

In addition to the Flycatcher, the cemetery also provided one woodock,
five golden-crowned kinglets, a FOY white-throated sparrow, and many
song sparrows, juncos and flickers.

Aaron Milenski, Lakewood