OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2012 14:12:11 -0400
I stopped by at 1:00 today and saw nearly the same:  4 horned grebes, 3 pie-billed grebes, many coots and Canada geese, 1 ring-necked duck, 4 cormorants doing circular laps overhead, and 6 common loons.  One loon was lying low with its' wings lifted up and back, circling and darting around...not sure if it was aggression, courtship, or just drying off.

Also spent a fun morning at Greenlawn Cemetery with Columbus Audubon.  Highlight was pine siskins feeding in the high trees around the pit.  Also, the pit was positively creeping with brown creepers!  They seemed to be everywhere for perfect viewing!  The eastern phoebe was posing and singing out over the water.  Definitely worth stopping in.

Leslie

Sent from my iPad