OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
Scott Albaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Albaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 22:01:28 -0400
Ohio Birders,

I apologize for using the list as an advertisement tool, but it is the best
way to reach many of you who may be interested in an upcoming bird class.
I am offering a one day (three hour) course on the basics of birding
through my employer, Zane State College.  This course is geared to help
those with an interest in birds learn the first steps to a lifetime of
fulfilling experiences watching birds.  The course will be held in
Zanesville at Zane State College.  If you know anyone in the
Muskingum/Licking/Coshocton/Perry/Noble/Guernsey County area who may be
interested, please pass this on. Because this program is run through the
college, there is a fee. The minimum age requirement is flexible...contact
me personally to bypass the age restriction.

As many of you know southeast OH is greatly under birded.  I am interested
in creating a strong core of birders in this area.  Please contact me
personally (off this list) if you have questions.  I also have other
birding classes that I will offer in the future.  If you or someone that
you know are interested in these classes, let me know and I will put you on
a mailing list. The registration information is pasted below.

Sincerely,

Scott Albaugh

*Zane State College *

*Community Education *

*Presents*

*Bird Watching 101: Introduction to Birds and Bird Watching *

*April 14, 2012*

*Registration Fee:  *$22.00*
Time: *9:00 am to 12:00 pm*
Location: *Zane State College and Dillon State Park*
Instructor: *Scott Albaugh**

*
To Register:* (740) 588-1324 or* [log in to unmask]*

*Bring binoculars and wear shoes appropriate for walking on trails.  Must
provide your own transportation from Zane State College to Dillon State
Park.  Minimum age 16.*

The first lesson in the Bird Watching 101 series. This class will introduce
beginning birders to equipment, books, basic bird identification, and field
techniques. The class will begin with a classroom session and finish with a
guided bird walk at Dillon State Park.  Bring binoculars and wear shoes
appropriate for walking on trails.  For more information, contact Gary King
at (740) 624-4343 or [log in to unmask]