OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
"Coy, Patrick G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Coy, Patrick G.
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:39:44 -0400
Correction: A few moments ago I posted results from the Coliseum Grasslands in CVNP (that posting is at bottom below). However, I used Ebird to generate the list and then edited it for formatting and content and messed up the totals quite a lot in the editing. I am sorry. Significant changes are I had seven Eastern Meadowlarks (not 14), two Tufted Titmouse (not 12). The corrected totals follow immediately with the original narrative following.

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)  5

Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)  1

Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura)  3

Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis)  2

Wilson's Snipe (Gallinago delicata)  3

Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus)  1

Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus)  2

Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  9

American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)  12

Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor)  2

American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  2

Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina)  1

Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)  6

Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)  9

Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)  14

Eastern Meadowlark (Sturnella magna)  7

--Patrick Coy
Peninsula