OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
richard banish <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
richard banish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 22:36:16 -0400
traffic jam east on I90 means another trip to the lake to stall until the end of traffic - too bad my birding lasted WAY langer than the traffic jam! 4:50 @ The Cleve Harbor Unit (North Marginal,just east of the old Aviation High School) DCCorm - 1  Coot - 2  EPhoebe - 1 (FOY)HGrebe - 4HGull - 4           4:47 east of CPP -      Mallard - 2  RNDuck - 2  RBMerg - 1   5:03 "The J" @ E 55th  i decided i would walk all the way out the breakwall from The J parking lot to where the yacht club joins the lake - Bonaparte's Gull - 50+ (FOY)HGull - oer 100 (they outnumbered RBGulls to this point)  The J bay held the following  Coot - 30+  CGoose - 50+ (on my walk out the peninsula i passed  11 geese sitting on nests  Song Sparrow - 15+  CGrackle - 2  Mallard - 6  RBMerg - 16  ETowhee - 2 (FOY)  AmBlDuck - 1  DCCorm - 50+ (flying out beyond breakwall)  RBMergs - 50+ (rafting out beyond the breakwall)  ATSparrow - 2  ETowhee - 2 (FOY)   5:55 west/south of ICYC (the dock area)  i walked out the cement wall to where the docks ended  GBHeron - 1  BonyGull - 50+  Mallard - 2  PBGrebe - 4  Coot - 10  RNDuck - 2  RBMerg - 6   6:10 Dike 14 (Cleve Lakefront Nature Preserve)  Robins - lots  NCardinal - a lot  Song Sparrow - a lot  RWBbird - TONS  MoDove - a few  EStarling - a flock of 40ish  @6:55 as i was leaving a flock os 100-ish RWBbirds landed on trees in the preserve  now the cooler stuff -  AGoldfinch - 2  (the only i have seen here yet)  DEJunco - 1  GCKinglet - 4  ATSparrow - 2  Killdeer - 1  BThrasher - 1  FSparrow - 1  DWoodpecker - 1  WTSparrow - 1 (FOY)  EMeadowlark - 1   buster