OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:47:22 -0400
Hi all,

I'm making this report on behalf of Mike and Dianne Stoner, who observed and photographed a Snowy Owl at Findlay Reservoir yesterday at 2:30.

Chances are, if still present, the bird will be sitting atop one of the dikes that contain the reservoirs. There are access points on all sides of this sprawling reservoir, and a dike divides the lake into two reservoirs. I believe they saw the owl by the smaller reservoir.

Findlay Reservoir is off State Rte 15, not far south of Findlay, and is easily found via any mapping service. I'll try and post a photo on my blog  whenever I get home.

Jim McCormac

Sent from my Droid - pardon the brevity!