OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
Andy Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2012 18:55:32 +0000
Greetings:

The Columbus Avid Birders spent the morning in Shawnee State Forest. Highlights were 5 warbler species, including pine, Louisiana Waterthrush, yellow-throated, yellow-rumped, and a pair of male black-and-white warblers having a territorial dispute. We also had Purple Finches and scads of yellow-bellied sapsuckers.

Other notable observations: short-eared owls still present in the CRP grasslands at Charlie's Pond in Pickaway co.; and bad news for birders in Scioto county, as former shorebird hotspot Moore's Lane has been thoroughly tiled and is dry as a bone.

Good birding,

Andy Sewell

Columbus, Ohio

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.