From:
Steve Cagan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Cagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2012 15:22:50 -0400
Hi everyone,

Beth and I participated in the second of this yearıs six weeks of Audubon
walks in the greater Cleveland area this morning, again at Shaker Lakes. The
weather could have been a little more welcoming‹the temperature never got
above the low 40s, heavy overcast most of the time, and occasional winds.
But as usual there was a nice, amiable group of birders, and itıs always a
good place for a walkŠ

We had a couple more species than last week. Some of what we had seen last
week were not seen today, and of course there were new species to make up
the difference. Hereıs the list of species seen:

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Mallard
Blue-winged Teal
Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-railed Hawk
Killdeer
Spotted Sandpiper
Solitary Sandpiper
Herring Gull
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Chimney Swift
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Phoebe
Warbling Vireo
Blue Jay
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Hermit Thrush
American Robin
European Starling
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Pine Warbler
Palm Warbler
Chipping Sparrow
Song Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow (which interestingly, were practically absent from
Shaker Lakes all winter, something very unusual)
Northern Cardinal
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
House Finch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow (including a striking leucistic bird)

Best wishes,

Steve Cagan
Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga County

Steve Cagan, photographer