From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2012 17:11:29 -0700
I was at Villa Angela/Wildwood SP in Cleveland twice today from 10am to 12:15pm and 4pm to 5:20pm.  In the morning it was cloudy, went from 55 to 50 degrees and the winds from west to wnw and stronger so I left.  I returned when it was more sunny and warmer for a second look.  Saw more Creepers than Kinglets today and most of the Red-breasted Mergansers were gone.  Birds weren't very numerous today.  Here are some of the birds seen:

Black-crowned Night-Heron 1 adult (lately seen down from bridge in tall tree)
Bonaparte's Gulls ~ 95 marina
Eastern Phoebe 3
Brown Creepers 6
Golden-crowned Kinglets 4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Winter Wren 2
Hermit Thrush 2
Northern Mockingbird 1, Brown Thrasher 2
Field Sparrow 4 VA (seen later in afternoon near entrance)
Fox Sparrows 8 (mostly VA)
Swamp Sparrow 1 WW
Song Sparrows - few
Dark-eyed Junco 7 (near entrance in VA)
The best sighting one Coyote around 5pm creek edge south of the island in Wildwood.

Sims Park in Euclid from 12:40 to 1:35pm.

Northern Flickers 7
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers 2 (west end of park near lake)
Hermit Thrush 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet & Brown Creepers only one of each
Juncos 7
Field Sparrows 2
Chipping Sparrows 2 seen (others heard)
Turkey Vultures 4

Bluestone Business Park in Euclid 1:40pm to 2:25pm
Eastern Meadowlarks 3
Wilson's Snipe 1 flushed
Savannah Sparrow 1 seen
Killdeer  ~ 5, Song Sparrows - few