From:
"Gaunt, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gaunt, Sandra
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:34:38 +0000
In Columbus, Franklin Co at the intersection of Hayden Run and Dublin/Franz Rd - just above the Hayden Run Falls, rough-winged swallows have nested in the culvert under the road since we moved here over 35 years ago and certainly before.  What with the widening of the intersection and new culvert construction every years I hold my breath to see if the rough-wings will return again -- and today they did!

This is not the first sighting of this bird in our area - I saw them at the Fishinger Bridge at least a week ago - but it is amazing how nest sight tenacious these little guys are.

Sandy Gaunt