From:
Beau Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beau Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:01:25 -0400
Ben Eckstein and myself went to Kiser Lake this morning (4/10/12) with a
stop at Runkle's Pond (just off 235) along the way. The sightings were as
follows:

Runkle's Pond

Canada Geese
Mallard
Red-winged Blackbird
Eastern Meadowlark

Kiser Lake Spillway (West side of lake)

Common Grackle
American Robin
Great Blue Heron
Pied-billed Grebes
Song Sparrow
Mallard
Canada Geese
Helmeted Guinea Fowl x2

We heard a strange call in the woods across from the spillway and
investigated to find the Guineas, we assume from the nearby farm.

Kiser Lake East side (across from camp area)

Pine Warbler
Turkey Vulture
Canada Geese
Blue-winged Teal (about 4 pairs)
Eastern Bluebird
Mallards
Tree Swallows

Kiser Lake Boardwalk Trail/Wetland

Eastern Phoebe
Downy Woodpeckers
Northern Cardinals
Swamp Sparrow
Gray Catbird
Brown-headed Cowbirds
American Crows
Blue Jay
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Wood Ducks
Eastern Towhee
Wild Turkey
Mourning Doves
Red-bellied Woodpecker

Sadly we did not see any Black-necked Stilts but it was very windy so even
if they were there I doubt we would have seen them anyway.