Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:38:45 -0400
Well, It was bound to happen sooner or later, my wife saw a bird before
me. :-D

We were driving down TW Rd 245 in Harden Co.  Going towards the river,
from wildcat Pike (CR 144), just looking at sparrows and the different
field birds.  I was trying to get her a Meadowlark, but they weren't
happening in that part of the field.  While driving down that road, we
saw a Brown Thrasher, horned larks, Song Sparrows, and a couple of field
sparrows.

We then turned down 150 to check on the Eagle's nest (forgot :-D)and to
look for flowers on the rise along the River bank....GOBS!!!  I was
trying to explain to Enola(wife) what a song sparrow sounded like by
listening for one and pointing it out to her. When The sweet melodious
sound of a warbler high up in a sycamore tree just shattered my
concentration...so we stopped and she began to scan and I began to go
through the calls on my phone.  I get to Yellow-Throated Warbler at the
same time she says "Got It!"  I asked her to describe it, she says
"small gray bird with a yellow patch on it's throat"...It's song and the
one on my phone matched perfectly.  I then begin to scan for it, and see
it hop around, but can't get my binocs on it...So I can't technically
cross it off of mine, but she can...DARN IT!...I couldn't anyways
because I need a picture as well. ;-D  But anyways, we continued on and
saw two Wood Ducks, and we finally got her a Meadowlark.

Great day...going back tomorrow to try and get the yellow-throated for
myself.

Also on Winnimac Pike near the Marion/Hardin County border, there is a
"vernal pool that never seems to empty anymore"/pond that is starting to
get a loot of migratory shorebird activity...small as it is, we had a
nice flock of Dunlin and lesser Yellowlegs, as well as a Least and a
Wilson's Snipe.  I posted a pic of all four in one photo on the Facebook
page a few days back...I'm hoping for a stilt or something to plop down
right when I drive by on my way to work, just to make my day. :-D

Have a great day, and God bless!!

Steve J.
(aka sjlarue) www.sjlarue.com
Facebook: sjlarue photography

Isaiah 40:31 (ESV)

31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
     they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
     they shall walk and not faint.