From:
Chris Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 11:38:25 -0400
It was warm, breezy and wet on the Valley Parkway in N. Olmsted this a.m.
I managed to churn out 22 plus miles and saw/heard some great birds
while  en route.
Highlights included lots of E. Phoebe's, some singing Yellow-Rumps, a
single E.  Towhee,
a variety of the usual woodpeckers, vocal Rusty Blackbirds and 2 Pine
Siskins. I heard the first Siskin's unmistakable call
just north of the Interpretive Center. I stopped and while looking for
the bird heard a second one calling.

Also, while riding on Friday the 13th, I saw a couple of Red-Headed
Woodpeckers at the western end of Hilliard Rd.
in Westlake. I pulled off near the entrance to Hilliard Lakes Golf
Course and saw the birds in the woods just north of the entrance.
They were seen making repeated forays from the trees to bird feeders
behind a nearby tan house. There is a Red-tailed Hawk's active nest
in the vicinity  as well.

See you on the trails,

Chris Pierce
N. Olmsted, OH