From:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2012 18:22:14 -0400
Fellow birders, especially Perry County Birders,

     Rather than sit around and grieve over my dog, I went birding in Perry
County, instead.  Started off at St Joe Lake, just south of Somerset, and
was richly rewarded with both Horned and *Eared *Grebes.  Have photos to
prove it, if my word is doubted for any reason.  The Eared grebe is a life
county bird (#206). Then went to the reclaimed strip mine area near
Rehoboth,  where I have had great luck, and about which I have often
posted.  Today produced at least 20 snipe along C112 which can be accessed
just south of Rehoboth.  Later saw a Rough Legged Hawk and a very early in
the day Short eared owl.  Also Barn swallow, Tree Swallow and Northern
rough winged swallow.

     Our Perry County year total now stands at 93 since we had a L.
waterthrush and a Yellow throated warbler in our yard before we left.

joe Faulkner
Somerset, Ohio
Perry County