From:
Dennis McDonnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis McDonnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 04:08:12 -0700
Yesterday I observed a pair of kingfishers tending a nest in the bank along
Euclid Creek at Wildwood SP (part of Cleveland Lakefront SP) just east of the
bridge over the creek in what at that point is the north bank.  This is easily
seen from the opposite side of the creek and while the birds weren't thrilled
with my scrutiny they continued to enter and exit the hole in the bank with one
always perched nearby outside.  I couldn't determine whether it was the male or
female going in and out except that in the last photo it appears to possibly
have been the male. Three photos at link below:

 http://www.pbase.com/tileman533/2012&page=12

Several of us also spoke with a police officer who told us that on Saturday
there had been a mature bald eagle perched for quite a while in one of the large
trees on the west bank closer to the lake.

Denny McDonnell
Euclid