Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2012 19:11:54 -0400
Linda and I took a walk at Hoover Meadows this afternoon. Activity was
light as it was mid afternoon but it was good enough to make a beautiful
afternoon walk even better.

Major maintenance has been done on the Bluebird Trail and there were
bluebirds all along the paths as we walked. Five Tom Wild Turkeys were courting
(?) or harassing (?) a hen close to the middle wetland, fanning their tails
and  strutting their stuff. She did not seem all that impressed with the
boys. Sounds  like a middle school dance. A pair of Swamp Sparrows were
flitting around at the  big dead trees at the third wetland. Towhees were calling
as we walked the trail  that follows the east side of the meadows. The rest
of the bird species present  were the regular gang of common birds found
everywhere.

Spring peepers, tree frogs, wood frogs, green frogs and Leopard frogs were
everywhere which made me wonder why there were no herons to be found. At
least  we can look forward to the arrival of the warblers and other songsters
as the  month moves along.

Charlie B.