From:
Haans Petruschke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Haans Petruschke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:50:00 -0400
Hi,

I can't resist either. Over the years the subject of birders "loving birds
to death" or something similar has been a topic on the Ohio list serve as
related to:

The small wooded area at the end of the Metzger Marsh Causeway.

A Slate-throated Redstart, (based upon a forwarded post by Sheri Williamson
on the Arizona list serve when this rarity died)

When a well known, hummingbird crazy, bander caused the demise of Ohio's
first Calliope Hummingbird before the commoners in Ohio's birding community
were even informed this rarity had been found in Portsmouth nearly a week
earlier.

Regarding the feeding of Snowy Owls during an earlier irruptive year.

That's 4 I times I can remember, and I think 4 can be described as
multiple. There were more but I cannot remember the specifics.

Haans