From:
Chris Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 04:46:05 -0700
The weather was much more conducive to ridi
 Sunday Morning edition.

The weather was much more conducive to riding today. Still chilly at the start,
but warming as the ride progressed. Lot's of birds on a 20 mi loop starting at
the Station Rd. bridge.

Along the way, I heard quite a few Yellow Warblers, and Blue-grey Gnatcatchers
were everywhere.
Also, Great Blue Herons, Chimney Swifts, Barn Swallows, Yellow Rumps and
American Goldfinches were seen frequently.

FOS birds included E. Wood Pewee, Blue-headed Vireo, Prothonotary Warbler,
Common Yellowthroat,

and 3 Yellow-throated Warblers.

Other highlights included 2 Red-shoulder Hawks soaring overhead near the Station
Rd. bridge, and great views of the Adult Bald Eagle sitting on the nest just
north of the bridge. The views were enhanced by the
scopes that Ann Chasar and other CVNRA volunteers set up off the pathway. They
drew quite an assortment
of runners, walker, and cyclist who were afforded aspectacular view. Kudos to
all.

See you on the trails,

Chris Pierce
N. Olmsted, OH