From:
Cheryl Harner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Harner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:26:12 -0400
There was a very nice article about young bird-watchers in the Columbus Dispatch today.

Here is the link: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2012/04/30/twitter-followers.html

To foster young (and young at heart) birders is a worthy goal.  Many of our Audubon organizations and the two “super groups,”  OOS and BSBO, are actively engaged in efforts to encourage our next generation of birders.

But a special thanks must go to the individuals who make it happen. Thanks to all the parents willing to drive in the wee hours of morning, to the adults willing to volunteer their time, and to the trained experts who teach and mentor.  We can not expect kids to turn off the computer and go outside, unless we show them it is a cool place to be.

This generation of young birders are the naturalists that will be engaged in the preservation and protection of the very best of Ohio’s natural resources in the future. They are the people who will work to make this world a better place.

It is wonderful to see such a positive article in my morning news.

Cheryl Harner
Greater Mohican Audubon Society
Richland, Ashland, Wayne and Holmes Counties