From:
Haans Petruschke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Haans Petruschke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:43:43 -0400
Hi,

In an attempt to find out more about this proposed ordinance I visited the
City of Bay Village web site and went to the city council section where all
proposed legislation and council meeting minutes are posted:

http://www.cityofbayvillage.com/city-government/city-council.aspx

Reading all of the pending ordinances, and minutes from the last 2 council
meetings I could find no mention of anything having to due with a deer
feeding ban.

Perhaps this will be introduced at the next council meeting?

Bay Village residents should attend the next council meeting which will be
on May 7, 2012 at 8:00 pm in the council chamber.  If you would like to be
included on the agenda for the meeting there is an agenda meeting at 7:30
in the conference room.  Except for those having business with the city,
non residents are not allowed to participate in council meetings.  Anyone
asking to be heard will be asked for their full name and address to affirm
residence.

Much of city government in a town like Bay Village is done in a manner
which emphasizes civility and working together to find a solution which
works for all parties. Deer control has become a difficult issue in urban
areas where hunting is not possible.  If there is some sort of deer
ordinance pending residents may find it interesting to understand what is
actually proposed and then to offer input of there are any concerns.  I'm
pretty certain council members will be very attentive to well reasoned
arguments and will be more than willing to change parts of the ordinance if
it does effect bird feeding.

That is if there is any such ordinance.

The least effect means of dealing with any proposed ordinance is for non
residents to flood city officials with email.

Haans Petruschke
Kirtland.