From:
Steve Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2012 22:15:22 -0400
Today we took a trip to Chippewa Lake, the Chippewa Inlet Trail and Buckeye Woods Park.
At Chippewa Lake we saw:
3 Adult Bald Eagles flying together. (One dove into the water and came up with a fish)
3 Common Loons and another group of 7 that were just out of range to get a confirmed ID.
1 Caspian Tern

At the Southern end of the Chippewa Inlet Trail we saw;
4 Great Blue Herons
15+ Northern Shovelers
6 Green Winged Teal
2 Blue Winged Teal
1 Male Barn Swallow
Tree Swallows
American Coots

At the northern end of the trail off Rt 42 we saw:
2 Mute Swans
2 Green Winged Teal
2 Wood Ducks
American Coots
Tree Swallows ( 3 were having a fight over one of the nest boxes)
Turkey Vultures perched on the roof of the old barn next to the parking area. One flew directly toward the side of the barn and at the last second folded his wings and entered the barn through an opening the width of a board( maybe 8 inches) .

Steve Hughes
Stow, Summit Co.