From:
Sandra Buckles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Buckles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2012 09:24:08 -0400
Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland invites all of the Ohio Birds community to its fourth annual celebration of International Migratory Bird Day. The event is on Saturday May 19 from 1-5 pm at our Novak Education Center , 382 Townline Road, Aurora, Ohio, on our Novak Sanctuary. This is a family oriented event with a "bird book" story walk for the little ones, hayrides (weather permitting), free hotdogs. Mona Rutger will be there with her "Back to the Wild" gang of live owls, hawks, falcons and more. Displays on conservation of our avian friends will include making a birdfeeder, dissecting owl pellets, learning about clean feeders, preventing window collisions, harmful home chemicals, bird topography, birds vs. reptiles and mammals, the cat problem, bird habitats, native plants and measuring your wingspan. Jim Tomko will offer two bird walks during the afternoon on our 150 acre Novak Sanctuary. Bring the kids and grandkids. Please download the attached pdf.

Sandy Buckles, M.S.
Education Chair
Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland
www.clevelandaudubon.org

"We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards that those who follow us may see our mark on the land was one of respect and love....."( From a trail marker at Settler's Cove, near Ketchikan , Alaska.)
Robert B. Oetting