From:
Steven Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2012 13:50:36 -0400
I figured that I had better get over to Lawrence Woods at least once before the big week. :-D. So today I went. My trip was cut short due to a family emergency...but the birds were many and loud. So loud that getting good ID's by ear of some birds were hampered by other birds calling over top of each other. I had about 28 species IDed and others that were indistinguishable from the rest of the chatter.-

My favorite two warblers; the Parula and Prothonotary were present and accounted for. With great looks of Mr. Sweet Sweet Sweet. :-D. Other warblers were ovenbird, hooded, yellow rump, cerulean (by ear), black and white,

...and a possible Kirtlands...but i only saw it for a second so i am not going to say definite. It was blue/gray on top and yellow on bottom with no stripes or necklacing that would make you think Canada or Magnolia...and there was yellow all the way down the underside, as opposed to just the throat. It was over past the part of the boardwalk that turns off to the pond if anyone is going that way.

There was a House Wrens on every corner it seemed.
Other birds were
Red bellied woodpecker
Catbirds
Canada Geese
Great Crested Flycatchers
RWBBs
TVs
White throated sparrow
Red Tailed Hawk
Pileated
Downy
Willow Flycatcher
Cardinals
Chickadees
Blue gray gnatcatchers
Crows
Starlings
Grackles
Rock pidgeons
Morning doves
Mockingbird
Meadowlarks

That's about it, i was going to try to get more, but just flat ran out of time. For those that will be at the big week, I'll be there out and about from Wednesday on till Saturday, so look for the long haired hippy with a big camera, and say hi. (I am saving my hair for Locks of Love...and its getting a bit long. :-D)

-
Steve J.
www.sjlarue.com
Find me on Facebook Sjlarue Photography